Saturday, July 29, 2017

Virtue and Honour - Interview With Randi Perrin

I'm happy to help launch the final book in Randi Perrin's Earthbound Angels trilogy.



Angela Waters juggles two high-stress jobs: nurse and earthbound angel. On a rare girls’ night out, she intervenes and saves the life of Mason Kearney, a stripper with southern charm and a secret. It’s a move that will force her to contemplate why in all the heavens she puts up with the injustice of being an angel, which leads to a bombshell that challenges everything she’s ever known.

In the midst of falling for the Alabama boy, she’s in for the fight of her life when a demon, hell-bent on taking her wings, shows up at the most inopportune times.

With a family of angels rallying behind her, she’s sent on a mission to learn everything about them, herself, and evil, to save all the earthbounds from an untimely demise.

Can Angela survive with her heart and her wings intact?




Get your copy today!
Amazon     Kobo     iTunes     Nook

Add to your Goodreads shelf!



INTERVIEW


Where did you come up with the idea for the Earthbound Angels series?


It was, legitimately, an accident. I was busy plotting out a contemporary romance novel for my NaNoWriMo project, and I was coming up with unique character traits. I decided early on she was going to have a full-back angel wing tattoo, though I had no idea the significance when I made that decision. One night, I sat up in bed, smacked my husband, and said, “Hey, what if she actually was an angel?” And from that moment forward, she was an angel. But I don’t ever do things the way everyone else does them—because that’s boring. I decided that my angels weren’t going to have feathers on their wings. From there it took on a life of its own as I completely rewrote angels into something new.


Tell us a little about the final book in the Earthbound Angels trilogy, Virtue and Honor.


Whereas Virtue of Death focuses on Sera, and Promises of Virtue focuses on Cheryl, I introduced two brand new characters for Virtue and Honor.
For all three of these books, my girls struggle with who they are. In Virtue and Honor, not only does she have that same struggle going on, but as she’s figuring that out, and how to navigate love and wings, there’s something big going down. Something that not only threatens Angela, but every single Earthbound. Both her heart and her wings are at stake and she’s not sure either one can escape intact.


What was your favorite part of writing the series?

I think bringing something completely new to the table. I love taking something people know and spinning it on its head. 


What is one of the trickiest things in writing a series?

Well, this trilogy ender was incredibly tough from so many different aspects. But, I think one thing is making sure I remained true to the characters while exploring them from different angles was a challenge with each of the books. 
Another one was bringing characters back, and how I was going to weave them in. How could I make sure they were pertinent to the story, while also allowing the main characters of the stories shine on their own right. By the third one, there was a rather large ensemble cast and it’s always hard to effectively manage a large cast.


Do we see Sera or Cheryl in Virtue and Honor?

Of course. Destin and Luc are there too, albeit in their fifties. But Sera’s still baking, and Cheryl’s still snarky. 
You might be surprised just who makes a return appearance in Virtue and Honor.


Do you have a favorite character in the series?

All of them for one reason or another. Though, I guess if I really want to wax philosophical, I’d have to say Sera because she was the one who knocked around in my head and said, “pssst, I’ve got a story to tell.” The rest only came about because of Sera.


What are some of your favourite books and authors?

My all-time favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It’s trite and everyone says it, I know, but I’ve just always loved that book. (Admittedly, I first picked it up because a cute boy two gradesahead of me was reading it and I wanted to read what he was reading. I never expected that it’d stick with me quite the way it did.) 
Of course, I will read anything and everything Sara Dobie Bauer writes (and she knows it too). Oh, yeah, Em Shotwell, too. I could go on and on about indie authors I adore if you’d let me. Mary Billiter, Megan Lowe, Gen Ryan, Marie Piper, Wendy Sparrow, Jen DeLuca…. 
I loved Good in Bed and In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner. One of the things I love bout Jennifer Weiner, she’s always written fun, flawed, and real characters—which is something I strive to do when I write, as well.



Don't miss the first two books in the series!




Nothing about life or love comes easily. For Sera though, she’s got it all figured out. Life is about ingredients in the right proportions to make something beautiful. It’s classic. It works.

When her calm peaceful existence gets flipped upside down, it’s good versus evil while Sera breaks every rule she’s ever played by. A little defiance is not necessarily a bad thing—even if you’re an angel.



After a fall that drastically changed the course of her life, Cheryl’s off to take the vacation of a lifetime. Along the way she learns a bit about herself, how deep-seeded her passions truly are, and how much she longs to be loved.

This time it’s not about defiance, but self-preservation. Can she survive once her heart and mind belong to someone else?








Randi has spent her entire life writing in one form or another. In fact, if she wasn't writing, she'd likely go completely and utterly insane. Her husband has learned to recognize when the voices are talking in her head and she needs some quality time with an empty Word file (the key to a successful marriage with a writer). 

She lives with her husband, daughter, and four-legged children (all of which think they are people too).   

A pop culture junkie, she has been known to have entire conversations in movie quotes and/or song lyrics. 


Find her on online




1 comment: